Whale watching is a well known recreational activity. People go on tours to particular places like Cabo, Iceland, Cape Cod, and Srilanka to observe whales naturally in their natural habitat. Whale watching is not only done for recreational purposes but for educational purposes too. The best time for whale watching is from December to April. In this period whales emigrate from their normal northern feeding areas to places with higher temperatures and warmer waters to give birth. Here is an article that will help you understand everything about whale watching in Cabo, Mexico.
Over the last few decades Cabo, San Lucas, Mexico has become one of the highly visited locations for a whale watching tour. Each year there is an abundance of tourists flowing in mainly travel bloggers, animal enthusiasts, students, and tourists interested in recreational activities. There is a 90% chance that you will be seeing a whale in Cabo if you visit in the season.
The Whale Watching Adventure
The whale watching experience in Cabo is amazing. The entire Los Cabo area is considered the best destination for whale watching. The location of Cabo is on the top of the Baja Peninsula. The water body that surrounds Cabo is home to numerous species of whales. They are also home to the largest whale in the world the Blue Whale. Other than blue whales there are a lot more species of whales like the Minke Whale, Pilot Whale, Orcas Whale, or the Killer Whale and also Sperm Whale.
Generally, the whale watching tour is organized by a few organizations and is conducted by professionals. They have separate research and data collection tours and recreational tours. They have trained guides who are marine biologists and are highly educated who work hard to give you an incredible whale watching experience in Cabo.
Types Of Whales
There are numerous species of whales that surround the Baja Peninsula but the whales that are most frequently visible during the whale watching tours are the Grey Whale and the Humpback whale.
- Grey Whales: Grey whales do not have teeth but are extremely aggressive and violent. They are not very playful but few of them can be friendly.
- Humpback Whales: Humpback whales are highly acrobatic and they jump out of the water. They love to splash water everywhere, are very playful, and swim very slow.
Cabo has numerous types of tours for whale watching. They are:
- Zodiac Adventure: The zodiac tour is a tour of 2 and a half hours on a Raft style boat with 5 adult passengers. Charges: $89 for each adult passenger.
- Group Tour: The group tour is also a 2 and a half hours tour in a covered boat with 10 passengers. Charges: $89 for Adults, $59 for kids aged 4 to 12, and Free for kids under 4 years.
- Private Tour: This tour is also a 2 and a half hour tour in a covered boat. This allows up to 10 passengers. Charges: $ 399 per boat.
A whale watching experience is an amazing and rare experience and worth the pain to go and visit the place. The best time for this is the winter with the highest possibilities of capturing a whale in your camera with few other dolphins and an incredible tour experience.
Los Gringos Charters Also Offers Following Services :
Los Gringos Charters Address: 20924 Chester St, Castro Valley, CA Phone: (866) 373-2905